Monday, December 12, 2011

Snowflakes in the Round

I'll be the first to admit it- my wreath talent is pretty much nonexistent. The general ideas are there, to be sure, but when they're done, they are just missing too much. So, I've faced the fact that wreaths and I are just not going to be BFFs. We barely know each other and that's that.
So, why do I keep trying?
Wreaths are just so cool, so neat, so simplistically homey. Who doesn't like a wreath?

A few packages of cute snowflakes from the dollar store called my name, with a blank grapevine wreath whispering at me from home. The idea for a Christmas wreath was born.
This is a simple project, and it didn't tax my tired brain so much that I gave up. It was Plain Jane from the start.

To start, I spray painted the wreath white, then added my silver glitter/Mod Podge mixture, just to give it a little more zing.

Adding some tiny snowflakes from a strand of garland to the center of the snowflakes was almost too easy. I cut off the silver strings and put them aside for my homemade tags.

When the glue was dry, I added more glitter to the tiny centers, this time a color more like freshly fallen frozen snow in the early morning sun.
After everything was dry, I placed the snowflakes around the wreath until they looked right. Out came the glue gun. One by one, the snowflakes got glued down. A small length of heavy cord is the hanger. Done!


I know fancy, and this isn't it, but it gets the job done.
And everything came from the dollar store!


Toodles.


Cowland Studio

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! And the snowflakes are perfect on the white wreath! You are very talented and it's fun to craft, isn't it? Especially at Christmas time! Happy holidays! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Actually, my talent is painting. Been doing that since I was 2. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your wreath is quite special! The good thing is that it can stay up all winter....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something had to be white, because Christmas was green this year! Thanks, Mitzi!

    ReplyDelete