Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Fun Mess

Fall is here in central New York State, which means Halloween is flying towards us at the speed of light. Normally, I don't do much decorating for Halloween. There are a few things here and there, but I add more scarecrows than anything else. Love a great scarecrow! Someday, I'm going to get really creative and make a scarecrow as big as life for my front porch, even though no one passing by would be able to see it. I would, and that's what counts.
For some reason, the Halloween decorating bug has bitten me. Halloween is fun. Decorating for Halloween is fun. Making decorations for Halloween is fun! As you can tell by my desk.





Being a dollar store hound, I'll get as many items there as I can to make things with. I've discovered some uses on a few that I wouldn't have thought of in the past. This year seems to be different. My mindset has changed and didn't give me any notice, but the change has been great. I tend to look at things very differently now. Everything has potential.
Here are a few decorations I've cooked up in my cauldron.


I have no idea where I got the idea for this next one. It just came about...

I found out that after I curl the ribbon, I can stretch it out, tape it down, and paint it!

So this mess is fun. I get so lost in it, that when I finally look at the clock, it's two or three hours later and I need a cup of coffee, badly!

All of these little things will be attached to a wreath that will hang on the porch, that no one but my husband and I will see. All the fun is worth it!

Happy Hauntings!

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment